My weekly “Fabulous Friday” segment is a way for me to give thanks for the great things that have happened in my life.
I read the book, The Secret, many years ago, but I apply the principle of it daily. One of the most important principles of the book teaches you to be thankful. It doesn’t matter how big or small–just be thankful of the things in your life. When you give thanks for what you have, you give energy to receive more in life. I have a journal in which I write down good things that have happened to me daily; for, it’s a constant reminder that I have so much to be thankful for. Plus, it makes me feel great to see that my day wasn’t as bad as I thought it was (sometimes).
So here is my “Fabulous Friday” for today:
1. I passed the NCLEX-RN! All of my handwork has finally paid off concerning nursing school. I thought I failed the exam due to several factors (story about that will be coming up), but thankfully, I was wrong.
2. Hearing my mom call me in the morning and say, “Good morning Mrs. RN Registered Nurse.” It’s hilarious to me because she is the first nurse I’ve ever known, and now she is giving the respect to me.
3. A position on my dream unit…Labor and Delivery! After my clinical rotation on that unit, I knew I had to be a labor and delivery Registered Nurse. Looks like that dream is coming to a reality.
4. Sunny days without any snow…’nuff said.
5. Having a loving and supportive husband. My husband sacrificed a lot for me to go back to school. He wanted to me be able to focus on school, so he suggested I quit my job and go to classes. I later got a job during my second year of school for hospital experience, but I didn’t work much. My husband supported us without any complaints or distractions during that time. I’m so grateful for that. The only thing he kept saying was, “I want the NFL Sunday Ticket package and a new set of golf clubs.” I got you Boo 🙂
“I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” -Oprah Winfrey