So today is the infamous “Friday the 13th,” and I’m feeling…meh. I’m not superstitious about this day for some reason. If anything bad happens today, I won’t attribute it to the day; it will be the fault of the crappy week. This week has overall sucked for me, and it’s my fault. My biggest problem in life is that I put too much pressure on myself and I expect too much (of myself). Thankfully, one of my friends came by yesterday with the ultimate female relax package–wine and chocolate brownies. By the time she left, the wine was gone, one brownie was left, and I was feeling much better.
Although this week wasn’t the best, I’m still able to find the positives. I’m thankful for:
1. Having a friend who will drop everything and say, “I’m coming over.” Good friends are hard to find, and when you have one, that friend is truly a diamond.
2. Getting callbacks for job interviews. I’ve only had my RN license a little over a week, and I’ve been able to get some good leads. Nursing is a field that will always be plentiful for jobs, but it can be hard for new grads to get jobs, so I’m thankful for the callbacks. Let’s see if I land a position I like.
3. Hubby’s new toy…a bike rack for the car. My husband isn’t one to spend money, but when he wants something, he will get it. We purchased new bikes last Sunday, and it was horrible trying to fit them into the SUV. Hubby purchased the rack for the car, and it arrived last night. I’m looking forward to using it while we travel to the beach and ride our bikes on the nearby trails.
4. A good night’s sleep…’nuff said.
5. My garden looks happy. Overall, the weather here in Southern California is good, but it has been violative lately. To most of the country, 60 degrees isn’t cold, but you have to understand I used to live in Arizona. Anything below 65 is freezing to me. I haven’t been tending to my garden much, but I was out there yesterday. Surprisingly, it’s looking good. My flowers are blooming, the succulents are holding up really well, and my herbs are spreading. My Swiss chard is looking great too. I’m happy that it’s looking good.
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. –Willie Nelson